Thursday, September 19, 2013

I forgot my brain...

Today I left to see Kate and I forgot my brain on my way out the door:)  Oh, and I also forgot my wallet too! I remembered the most important item though- a bag of popcorn...  It really is, I tend to be very tired while driving (especially after a night of pumping).  I have been known to fall asleep, if I'm sitting still anywhere at anytime.  In church, movies, and I'll admit I've fallen asleep on the road in a traffic jam and I very slowly ran into the tire of a moving diesel.  The bag of popcorn was definitly a necessity (more so than the wallet:), because I couldn't find the sunflower seeds that are usually my go to for staying awake.  
Back to the wallet-  I was running just a few minutes behind for Kate's 4:30 care. If I didn't get there for that, than I'd have to wait till 7:30 to see and hold her.  About the time I hit Santaquin I realized I didn't have my wallet and I had 60 miles until empty.  I knew that was cutting it a little too close to the risky side to try and make it to the hospital and then home, but I wasn't about to turn back.  A couple thoughts crossed my mind.  Option 1-stand in Walmart's parking lot and beg for $ or Option 2- call my sister that lives in Springville to get some $.  The latter option sounded the best.  Thank heaven for sisters!  I knew I could go see Kate and stop on my way home.  I called her and let her know I left my wallet at home.  As we were talking, my phone started the warning beep that it was about to die.  We made a new plan of how to do the $ exchange without a phone.  (How did we ever function without cell phones!)  I quickly called Josh and told him the bad news- no wallet, no phone.  My phone died right after I hung up with him. It took about 8 minutes before I realized, I had a cell phone charger in the car- duh:)  On top of all this I might or might not have stopped at a green light! I thought this was better than NOT stopping at a red light.  All worked out and I did make it home without anymore brain farts! 

I'm not quite sure what to attribute my loss of brain cells to??  I think I have the combo package- I've always been a little blonde (even though I now have to color my hair), I've got all these emotions and hormones on my plate, and last but not least I have heard with each pregnancy you loose brain cells (I believe it!)  With that combo package and SIX pregnancies in all- I'm in trouble.  (I'm pretty sure my husband thinks I'm a hazard to myself.)  I hope this isn't permanent!

No comments:

Post a Comment