October 30th
We can finally see most of her face!
I want to say this might've have been one of the best days of my life. Although, I know there are many more to come that will probably be even better. Today I went up to feed Kate for the 4pm care. She showed great hunger cues and the OT came to help me feed her a bottle. Kate was almost- I'd like to say superhuman- she had absolutely NO problems whatsoever eating a full feeding. In fact, she ate 40 mils. and her required feeding is 36 mil. She was able to suck, swallow, breathe, and pace herself perfectly. The OT was pretty much jumping up and down in her seat she was so excited that Kate was doing that great! She basically told me 25 week babies just don't do this. She said she ate better than a baby that is born at 35 weeks (that's what Kate is now). She thinks I can probably get Kate home anywhere from 2-4 weeks if all goes well- by Thanksgiving almost for sure. Kate also was moved off the Hi-Flow this morning to a regular nasal cannula. She has done great on it. That's part of the other reason it was such a good day, because I was able to spend almost 3 hrs. with her and her alarms hardly went off. It was so quiet, peaceful, and relaxed! I'm such a proud momma- I love this little girl!! She's such a sweetheart!


No comments:
Post a Comment