Thursday, January 16, 2014

She Knows Me

She Knows Me

One of the hardest things for me when Kate was in the hospital was feeling like she wouldn't know me.  I didn't feel much like her Mom during that time period. It seemed the longer she stayed the more disconnected I felt. 

It's very obvious now that was not the case.  Kate is most definitely a Momma's girl.  She will tolerate Josh, but she prefers me.  She fusses and becomes agitated with anyone else. If Josh is holding her, and she can hear me talking she turns her head to find me.  When Josh is having a hard time with her, I will take her and she settles down almost instantly. 

She knows me....
out of all my babies, she has shown the strongest bond with me at such an early age. 
I am certain now- throughout her stay in the hospital- she did know me.  Even though the time I spent with her was minimal, it was meaningful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment